Expressive working style
People with an expressive working style are outgoing, enthusiastic, persuasive, humorous, gregarious, lively and use rapid hand and arm gestures.
- Lively nature
- Motivate general excitement in others
- Work at a fast pace
- Good at building alliances and accomplishing goals
- Highly motivated
They are well suited to high profile positions that require them to make public presentations, sales and marketing.
- When upset they will attack
- Very intense
- Can overwhelm other team members
- Will press forward without details and make mistakes but can be quite entrepreneurial
- May exhibit obsessive behaviour.
Getting in step with expressive working style
To effectively communicate with expressives use a general approach rather than details; focus on the big picture; allow time for socialisation; talk about experiences, people, opinions; paraphrase any agreements made; and maintain a balance between fun and objectives.