Driver working style
People with a driver working style are decisive, independent, efficient, intense, deliberate and achieving.
Drivers usually make direct eye contact, move quickly and briskly with a purpose, speak forcefully and fast paced, use direct bottom line language and usually display planning calendars and project outlines. ,/p>
- Ability to take charge
- Make quick decisions and are often high achievers
- Single minded and goal focussed
- Not afraid to take risks
- Work well independently
They are well suited to working as CEO’s or lawyers.
- They push aside their own and other’s feelings to get the job done
- Often create tension in the work environment
- Prone to becoming workaholics
- Often only use one side of an argument to suit their cause.
Getting in step with a driver working style
To effectively communicate with drivers avoid small talk; make direct eye contact; speak at a rapid pace; get down to business quickly; arrive on time; be clear, specific and brief; don’t ramble or over explain; be organised and well prepared; focus on the results to be produced; and consider efficiency more important than price.